Are you our next:
ACM Gold & Forex Trading (Pty) Ltd, winner of “Best Forex Broker Africa” 2012, 2013 and 2014 is looking for an experienced finance and risk manager. The candidate will be responsible for the financial management, accounting and reporting of the group according to tax and statutory regulations, as well as financial risk management. They will oversee the day to day work of the finance department and will be responsible for the effective use and deployment of staff and financial resources.
Reports to: Chief Commercial Officer
- Fulfil the general accounting function in line with tax and regulatory requirements.
- Prepare monthly management accounts and annual financial statements.
- Calculate and administer all statutory taxes, levies and other charges, including (but not limited to) Income Tax returns, VAT returns and Dividends Withholding Tax returns.
- Calculate and administer payroll and related taxes (PAYE, SDL and UIF).
- Liaise with auditors to ensure compliance.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Be the financial “go to guy” within the company.
Banking & Payments
- Manage day to day payments of suppliers, partners and general creditors in line with company systems and policies.
- Cross-check/verify payment amounts – general financial controls.
- Use hedging mechanisms/system to mitigate balance sheet risks related its foreign exchange positions.
- Investigate financial queries relating to the trading platform and make decisions in this regard.
- Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment.
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements.
- Maintain banking relationships.
- Assist in optimising the company's capital structure, including arranging of equity and debt financing.
- Advise on investing funds for maximum returns.
- Manage the preparation of the company's budget.
- Report to management on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances.
- Assist management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction.
- Engage in ongoing cost reduction analyses in all areas of the company.
- Review the performance of competitors and report on key issues and opportunities.
- Engage in benchmarking studies to establish areas of potential operational improvement.
- Interpret the company's financial results to management and recommend improvement activities.
- Review company bottlenecks and recommend changes to improve the overall level of company financial performance.
- Compile key business metrics and report on them to management.
- Manage the capital budgeting process, based on constraint analysis and discounted cash flow analysis.
- Create additional analyses and reports as requested by management.
- Humble - a down to earth personality that is always willing to learn and improve, whilst still being confident and having the ability to disagree.
- Accountable – in all areas, including work, life and relationships. A self-starter and self-manager who believe they have the ability to shape their own future.
- Motivated – passionate and optimistic about life, learning and work.
Experience & Skills:
- 5 years financial management experience.
- 2 years management experience.
- Sound knowledge of the South African Tax Act, Companies Act and IFRS.
- Ability to work at both a tactical and strategic level – e.g. making payments and producing annual financial plans etc.
- Knowledge of forex/ CFD / equities trading industry advantageous.
- Experience with Xero accounting system advantageous.
- Relevant Degree
- CA (SA) advantageous
- RE1 and RE5 qualification advantageous.
Want to apply for this position? Please submit your comprehensive CV using the form below.
Applications close on December 26th, 2015. Should you not receive a response within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.